Hotel Michelle
5.16.2004
  Nothing But Blue Skies This break has been rejuvenating. I�ve been sleeping and eating good and having no schedule, just doing whatever I want to. Helps me to see the grander scheme of things and all of my senses are sharper and I have this feeling of balance despite the lack of stability at the moment.



Since 1997 my family has lived in this house in Florida. That�s seven years that they have been here and I have never ever been so aware of how extraordinarily picturesque this place is. Maybe it�s more striking now that the trees have gotten fuller and the development has been completely developed but even outside of this little community, I�m always thinking to myself how unbelievably beautiful everything is.



There is something different about the East Coast (or maybe just being outside of Utah?) and I can feel the influence it has on my mind. I think that people are like plants. Location and climate matter. You don�t see palm trees growing in Iowa and you don�t see big �ole Evergreens here in South Florida. I appreciate a lot of things about Utah, but have never been able to grow roots in that soil.



When I was thinking about where to go from New York last week, friends in the UT suggested that I go back there but I just couldn�t. I�m different there and I hate to blame it on the location, but I think I was like a plant out of place in that state. Since I left I�ve been to New York and to Florida and I�ve liked so many things about both places so much more that I just don�t feel like going back to stay. The difference in the way I feel is too good.



So anyway, these couple of weeks away have been like Miracle Grow for my soul. I love that I went to New York and even though it was so unplanned, this trip to Florida has been such a good thing.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

I spend excessive, unhealthy amounts of time online. Usually I'm reading blogs, sometimes I'm working on my website, if I’m not doing that, I'll look up random stuff and decide that I'm educating myself about current events. When I was growing up I thought that People Magazine was the news because my Mom read it all.the.time. I say inappropriate things in public. I'm almost always wearing the same things. I have a lot of clothes, but there are like 5 things that I always wear. I went to school, never graduated and I don't think that I will. Not from there, anyway. But I do want to finish a degree somewhere. I love hotels. I really just want to wrap up all of the school stuff so that I can own my own hotels. Michelle's hotels. Doesn't that sound pretty? Except I wouldn't call them that. I don't know what I would call them. I love so much music. It makes no sense how I can get down to such a wide and odd variety. I am talking from Wilson Phillips to Petey Pablo. It's because I didn't really start listening to music besides church music till later in life so it's all just like WOW, so fascinating to me. Maybe, I don't know, I tend to overanalyze.

ARCHIVES
Thursday, May 06, 2004 / Sunday, May 16, 2004 / Saturday, June 05, 2004 / Saturday, June 19, 2004 / Monday, June 21, 2004 / Tuesday, June 22, 2004 / Friday, June 25, 2004 / Thursday, July 01, 2004 / Tuesday, July 06, 2004 / Thursday, July 08, 2004 / Monday, July 12, 2004 / Wednesday, July 14, 2004 / Monday, August 02, 2004 / Saturday, August 21, 2004 /


Powered by Blogger